Last Updated: October 22, 2019
Table of Contents
Thank you for using Get Louis! Your trust is important to us and we’re committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. The information that’s shared with us helps us to provide a great experience with Get Louis. We have a team that’s committed to protecting all the personal information we collect and help ensure that personal information is handled properly.
1.2 Data Controller
When this policy mentions “Get Louis,” “we,” “us,” or “our,” it refers to Get Louis IVS (“Get Louis”), VAT: DK 39278723, Steenwinkelsvej 19, 1966 Frederiksberg C, Denmark (the “Data Controller”).
1.3 Applicability to Payments
Please see the Contact Us section below for contact details
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
There are three general categories of information we collect.
2.1 Information You Give to Us.
2.1.1 Information that is necessary for the use of the Get Louis Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Get Louis Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for an Get Louis Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, date of birth, gender and geography.
- Profile and Campaign information. To use certain features within the Get Louis Platform (such as requesting or creating a Campaign), we may also ask you to complete a profile, which may include your address, phone number and profile picture. Certain parts of your profile (like your profile picture, name, gender, age, and description) are a part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
- Payment and payout Information. To use certain features of the Get Louis Platform (such as requesting or creating a Campaign), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments (via Get Louis Payments).
- Communications with Get Louis and other Members. When you communicate with Get Louis or use the Get Louis Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
2.1.2 Information you choose to give us.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using Get Louis Platform. This additional information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or when applicable, your consent.
- Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Get Louis profile (such as preferred language, city, a personal description and target audience). Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page, and will be publicly visible to others.
- Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information when you fill in a form, update or add information to your Get Louis Account, respond to surveys, participate in promotions, communicate with Members on “Chat”, communicate with our support team, or use other features of the Get Louis Platform
2.1.3 Information that is necessary for the use of the Payment Services
The Payments Data Controller needs to collect the following information necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable law (such as anti-money laundering regulations). Without it, you will not be able to use Payment Services:
- Payment Information. When you use the Payment Services, the Payments Data Controller requires certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to process payments or payouts and comply with applicable law.
- Identity Verification and Other Information. If you are an Influencer, the Payments Data Controller may require identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license) or other authentication information, your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number and other information in order to verify your identity, provide the Payment Services to you, and to comply with applicable law.
2.1.4 Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the Get Louis Platform and Payment Services.
When you use the Get Louis Platform and the Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of the Get Louis Platform and Payment Services
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Get Louis Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with the Get Louis Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the Get Louis Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Get Louis Platform, even if you have not created an Get Louis Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Get Louis Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Get Louis Platform.
- Payment Transaction Information. Get Louis Payments collects information related to your payment transactions through the Get Louis Platform, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing postcode, IBAN information, your address and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and Get Louis Payments and to allow the provision of the Payment Services.
2.1.5 Information We Collect from Third Parties.
Get Louis may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the Get Louis Platform and the Payment Services, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Get Louis Platform. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your Personal Information, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use, store, and process personal information to (1) provide, understand, improve, and develop the Get Louis Platform, (2) create and maintain a trusted and safer environment (such as to comply with our legal obligations and ensure compliance with Get Louis Policies) and (3) provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing.
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the Get Louis Platform.
We may use the personal information to provide, improve, and develop the Get Louis Platform such as to:
- enable you to access and use the Get Louis Platform,
- enable you to communicate with other Members,
- operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Get Louis Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
- provide customer service,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
if you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may process this information: For fraud detection and prevention, customer support and for any purpose you authorize at the time of collection,
to operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Get Louis Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making Listing suggestions, ranking search results), and facilitate claims with our Host Guarantee, Host Protection Insurance, Experience Protection Insurance or other similar host protection programs, we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Get Louis Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the Get Louis Platform, and
To operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Get Louis Platform and experience, and personalize and customize your experience, we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Get Louis Platform, your search and Campaign history, Campaign disputes, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the Get Louis Platform.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in improving the Get Louis Platform and our Members’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
3.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
We may use the personal information to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment such as to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you (such as to compare your identification photo to another photo you provide),
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources,, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required,
- comply with our legal obligations,
- Resolve any disputes with any of our Members and enforce our agreements with third parties,
- enforce our Terms of Service and other policies, and
- in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Get Louis Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to the Get Louis Platform, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes may restrict or suspend access to the Get Louis Platform if such processes detect activity that we think poses a safety or other risk to the Get Louis Platform, our community, or third parties. If you challenge the decisioning based on the automated process, please contact us as provided in the Contact Us section below.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in protecting the Get Louis Platform, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
We may use the personal information to provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing such as to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Get Louis or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google),
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Get Louis or its third party partners,
- conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the Get Louis Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and Campaign history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you,
- enrolling in an email subscription will not affect the frequency of administrative emails that we may send in connection with any Get Louis Account. No fee is charged for sending promotional emails to you, but third-party data rates may apply. Note that you may not be able to take advantage of certain promotions if you do not have an Get Louis Account, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
3.4 How the Payments Data Controller uses the Personal Information Collected.
We may use the personal information as a part of Payment services such as to:
- Enable you to access and use the Payment Services.
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
The Payments Data Controller processes this personal information given its legitimate interest in improving the Payment Services and its users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
3.5 Your Choices
You have choices on the promotional messages that you choose to receive.
- You can limit the information you provide to Get Louis. Participation in promotions and marketing programs is voluntary.
- You can limit the communications that Get Louis sends to you.
- To opt-out of marketing emails, simply click the link labeled “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email we send you or access the notification settings in your Get Louis Account.
4. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
4.1 Advertising and Social Media; Sharing With Your Consent.
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent, such as when you participate in promotional activities conducted by Get Louis partners or third parties.
Where permissible according to applicable law we may use certain limited personal information about you, such as your email address, to hash it and to share it with social media platforms, such as Facebook or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to our websites or otherwise promote our products and services or the Get Louis Platform. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be if your interest.
The social media platforms with which we may share your personal information are not controlled or supervised by Get Louis. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal information should be directed to such provider.
Please note that you may, at any time ask Get Louis to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to opt-out@GetLouis.com.
4.2 Sharing between Members.
To help facilitate Campaign or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Members, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you as an Influencer submit a Campaign request, certain information about you is shared with the Company, including your full name and other public profile informations. When your Campaign request is confirmed, or you confirm a request, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the Campaign, like your phone number and email address.
- When you as a Company invite an Influencer to a Campaign, information about the Campaign and certain information about you is shared with the Influencer
- When you as a Company have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Influencer to coordinate the Campaign, such as your full name, phone number, and email address.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members.
4.3 Profiles, Campaign, and other Public Information.
The Get Louis Platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
- Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, links to your social media accounts, your description, city, gender, age, and target audience, are publicly visible to others.
- Campaigns on Marketplace are publicly visible and include information such as the Company description, Influencer Services, Payment amount, date, the Company profile photo, and any additional information the Company chooses to share.
- If you submit content in a community or discussion forum, blog or social media post, or use a similar feature on the Get Louis Platform, that content is publicly visible.
Based on our legitimate interest to promote the Get Louis Platform we may display parts of the Get Louis Platform (e.g., your Influencer profile or Campaigns) on sites operated by Get Louis’s business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Influencer profile or Campaigns are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
Information you share publicly on the Get Louis Platform may be indexed through third party search engines. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
4.4 Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
Get Louis may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement, governmental authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: to comply with our legal obligations, to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Get Louis, to respond to valid requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment Terms or other agreements with Members, or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Get Louis, its employees, its Members, or members of the public. For example, Influencer tax information may be shared with tax authorities or other governmental agencies.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person’s vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping the Get Louis Platform secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, facilitating the collection of taxes and prevention of tax fraud or preventing damage.
Where appropriate, we may notify Members about legal requests unless: providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Get Louis’s property, its Members and the Get Louis Platform. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that Member about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
4.5 Service Providers.
Get Louis uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to the Get Louis Platform and the Payment Services. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In particular, our service providers are based in Europe, and North and South America.
For example, service providers may help us: conduct fraud prevention and risk assessment, perform product development, maintenance and debugging, allow the provision of the Get Louis Services through third party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), provide customer service, advertising, or payments services.
These providers have limited access to your personal information to perform these tasks on our behalf, and are contractually bound to protect the personal information and only use the personal information in accordance with our instructions .
Get Louis will need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
4.6 Corporate Affiliates.
To enable or support us in providing the Get Louis Platform and the Payment Services, we may share your information, including personal information, within our corporate family of companies (both financial and non-financial entities) that are related by common ownership or control.
- Sharing with Distract Group IVS. Distract Group IVS is the provides the technical infrastructure for the Get Louis Platform, product development and maintenance, customer support, trust and safety and other business operation services to other Get Louis entities. The data sharing is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and is based on our legitimate interests in providing the Get Louis Platform globally.
4.7 Business Transfers.
4.8 Aggregated Data.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, research, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
5. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
5.1 Analyzing your Communications.
We may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Get Louis Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, analytics, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your messaging communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications.
These activities are carried out based on Get Louis’s legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
5.2 Third Party Partners & Integrations
The Get Louis Platform may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). Get Louis doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Get Louis, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section before your applicable Get Louis Data Controller and Payments Data Controller by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity and request before taking further action on your request.
6.1 Managing Your Information.
You may access and update some of your information through your Get Louis profile under “Edit profile”. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
6.2 Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information about you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Get Louis Account).
6.3 Data Access and Portability.
You may request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
6.4 Data Retention and Erasure.
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. You can request to have all your personal information deleted entirely.” Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an Get Louis Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Get Louis Account to prevent that Member from opening a new Get Louis Account in the future.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Get Louis and Get Louis Payments may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Campaings and Influencer Services) may continue to be publicly visible on the Get Louis Platform, even after your Get Louis Account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain the Get Louis Platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
6.5 Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing.
If we are processing your personal information based on your consent you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to Get Louis specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Additionally, applicable law may give you the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular where you contest the accuracy of your personal information; the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Section 6.6 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Get Louis override your own.
6.6 Objection to Processing.
Applicable law may entitle you to require Get Louis not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing Get Louis and will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask Get Louis to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to opt-out@GetLouis.com.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your Get Louis Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Get Louis Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
9. CONTACT US
Get Louis IVS, Thorsgade 67, 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
You may also email us.